Tuesday 21 May 2013

Movie Review: Iron Man 3

Iron-man-3
Iron Man 3
So after helping to save the world with the other avengers, Tony Stark goes to relax in Malibu with Pepper and his toys. Problem is, he can’t sleep. He keeps having anxiety attacks, thanks to a terrorist gang who keeps threatening his country. And so, like the badass he is, he invites his enemy over to his house so that they can duel, secondary school style.
He has no idea what he’s in for.
The best thing about this movie is; you too have no idea either what you are in for. There are so many on-screen surprises, so many twists and turns, so many ‘gasp’ moments in the movie. The pictures are larger than life, the villain is fiery hot (I actually mean that, he is a hunk) and Gwyneth Palthrow’s sexy toned belly made me re-start my Pilates workout program.

Where there the witty lines that we all love? Yes. However, methinks that they reduced the credibility of the movie. Seeing as the audience was supposed to develop some empathy for the man behind the mask, all the fast, sharp, delivered-without-a-pause-in-between comebacks made the movie less relatable for me. I mean, you’re in trouble, your girlfriend just ‘supposedly’ died, and you are still coming up with wisecracks? Also, the movie was rather fast paced, I felt like I’d have to watch the movie again to really feel it. You know what I mean? I can’t say more without giving away spoilers, so I’d just tell you to go and watch it. Despite all the ‘buts’, it is going to be worth your money.

Directed by: Shane Pierce

Cast: Robert Downey Jr, Don Cheadle, Gwyneth Palthrow, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Ben Kingsley

Running Time: 2hr 15mins

Age range: PG 13

culled from: connectnigeria.com

No comments: